Facial Acupuncture: a Natural Skincare Alternative
Also called cosmetic acupuncture or facial rejuvenation, acupuncture is a technique that naturally stimulates the production of collagen in skin.
Increased collagen leads to more elasticity in skin and a more "youthful" appearance and there is a definitely "glow" factor after treatment.
I try to stay away from the harmful concepts that society has regarding aging and wrinkles. We often think of wrinkles and other signs of aging as negative. But just think! Imagine all the emotions that cause wrinkle lines: worry, anger, frustration, grief and let's not forget laughter and joy! Your body worked hard on those. Wrinkles like scars and other marks on our bodies can show our lived experiences. They hold so many emotions, and clients often experience a somatic release when they thought they were just coming in for quote on quote "vanity."
There are ways to age gracefully and with respect to all the hard work our bodies have put in towards survival and thriving. The way I treat facial acupuncture and skincare mirrors that.
If you've been curious about facial acupuncture, know that it isn't immediate like botox is, but we can treat so much more than wrinkles at the same time. Expect friends and family to notice "something different" about you in 5-6 weekly sessions and lasting results after 10 sessions. After the first session you will feel more relaxed in the face and jaw, and like you've woken up from a great nap. You will notice a brighter complexion and less redness around acne or rashes almost immediately.
Ready for an acupuncture glow-up? Let's get started!
Facial acupuncture can help with:
You may experience:
- TMJ / jaw pain
- will not cause swelling or numbness like botox will - go eat brunch right afterwards with friends!
- has longer lasting effects than botox and has a more natural look to it (because... it is natural!)
You may experience:
- often: deep relaxation and compliments from loved ones
- benefits other than surface level ones such as improved mood, sleep and digestion
- very rarely: very mild bruising at the site of insertion, although I do everything in my power to avoid that (so... if you're prepping for a big event, I do not recommend facial acupuncture the day of!)